Friday, November 15, 2013

My Korean Autumn 2013: Day 7 - 끝!

It was Friday and the trade days of the air show had come to an end. It had been quite a busy week for me with work and trying to see as many people as possible in Korea while I was there. Add in the jet lag for the result of not much sleep and when I did get sleep it wasn't always that peaceful, restful sleep one needs on trips like this. Anyway, I believe the whole show went quite well; there was a lot going on at our booth most of the show.

After wrapping up the logistics of sending everything back to the USA that needed to go back, I headed back to the hotel. I grabbed a quick bite with one of my friends who actually works for the hotel we stayed at. And in addition to this meal, I was invited out by some colleagues for Korean BBQ as well later that evening.

Saturday and Sunday are considered the public days of the exhibition and typically most of the business/trade participants do not show up on this day. This is unless the company exhibiting has a public demo or event to show. In our case, we did not have any demonstration for the public so...it was finally time for a break!

I spent the weekend seeing my friends in Seoul and just enjoying the free time.
Saturday I splurged and ate at the hotel steakhouse/western restaurant with two of my friends. It was amazing~


I also saw the movie Thor: The Dark World which I learned is pronounced like TOE-ruh in Korean. I was confused at first when my friend said that the two American movies out were Gravity and TOE-ruh...she showed me the movie poster and it hit me..."OH! You mean Thor!"

Sunday I hopped from Hongdae to Itaewon to Anyang to see a variety of friends. It was a great day. I honestly do not get to see these friends half as much as I wish I could due to the distance...so I try to maximize every visit to Korea with seeing folks I know in country.

My time in Korea is coming to and end...next up...a wrap up and walk through of my hotel room!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment