Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Korean Autumn 2013: Day 0 - Airplane!

It is October and I am off again to Korea but this time for work. My journey to the motherland should be much more comfortable as I am flying business class and even first class on my leg from Narita to Seoul. My mind set for these long haul flights is normally just to get them over with. I have flown so much over the years the actual flying does not bother me...it's mostly everything that goes with flying (security lines, waiting for baggage, waiting at immigration, etc.).

The flight from the USA to Narita was quite uneventful, I watched a few movies and slept maybe 4-6 hours total so it was not too bad.

Getting off the airplane in Narita, I had a mission! One of my Korean friends requested I look for some cosmetic products in the duty free shop for her. I'm no makeup expert so luckily I had a picture of the product to look for. I also speak about 2 words of Japanese. Thankfully the girl working in the shop spoke a moderate amount of English. I was greeted in Japanese as expected then showed the picture to her. As she was working to pronounce the name written in English she went over to a drawer and pulled out exactly what I was looking for. Great success! The product was much less than the price my friend was quoting so I was satisfied.

Another great success was being bumped to first class from Narita to Seoul. This also netted me access to the exclusive first class lounge area (quieter, less populated). After relaxing there for about an hour my co-workers and I lined up to board and off we were to Korea. I power walked my way off the plane straight towards immigration after landing because not only were all the people from Japan landing, but a very large flight from the Philippines touched down around the same time.

Long story short I had a safe and successful flight from the USA to Korea. Stay tuned for more regarding my time in the motherland.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment