Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Korean Autumn 2013: Day 10 - Hotel room tour and so long for now...

[HOTEL]
Another business trip means another hotel! And another hotel means another room tour!

For this trip I was at the JW Marriott Seoul. This hotel was fairly close to what is considered the "Gangnam" area of town. In Korean, Gangnam literally means south of the river so actually, a lot of Seoul is south of the river. The actual Gangnam neighborhood is just east of where the hotel is located. 

The hotel is actually connected to the express bus terminal, a shopping center, a department store, and a subway station. It is actually quite convenient for many things - a little shopping, eating, getting around Seoul, etc. I often would take the subway to other parts of Seoul and the subway station is what I would consider the 'bottom' of the stack. Going up one level you hit Central City, which is like a small shopping mall area complete with restaurants, a movie theater, and many shops. In fact, a recent addition was a huge UNIQLO. The next level up is the express bus terminal. The terminal itself also housed quite a few restaurants and shops...it more or less acts as an extension of Central City. Going up another level is part of Shinsegae department store. You can also access Shinsegae from Central City and the subway station I think... 

--

I had a room on the 23rd floor that was very close to the elevators. I thought this would be an issue but the room was quiet enough and I wasn't even in it most of the time during the day. I would say the most impressive aspect of these rooms are the bathrooms, you can check it out in the video below.

Below is the hotel room walkthrough:


[WRAP UP]
It was a busy but fun and productive trip. I got to see my friends and I also believe the work aspect of my trip went smoothly as well. Honestly, every time I return from Korea I go right to planning my next trip back. It's a matter of finding time in my schedule as I work full time here in the USA. I also have a strong urge to continue studying Korean. I recently perused a local community college course listing but it sounds like I know or have learned almost all they offer. I believe total immersion is really the only way to effectively learn a language later in life (that is past grade school age). If I was learning here in the USA, I would never have to use Korean and would probably rarely practice it. Heck, I rarely practice now. Anyway, I hope to go back to Korea in the near future and maybe continue my language education.

Until next time...

~

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this blog is very nice and it has contained very good information, related to all the aspects. you people serving us very good information related to tours and travel.
    Korea Tour Package

    ReplyDelete