Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Korean Summer 2013: Day 6, Field Trip Day 1

[DAY 6]
I still want to write about my class but since my field trip is still fresh in my mind I'll pen this down before I forget! It is still monsoon season here in Korea and the rain had no mercy on us the entire trip. I don't think I've seen the sun properly since arriving in the motherland. Anyway, we all met up bright (not really) and early at 7:30AM to depart from school. Three large tour buses gaudily decorated with lace and pinkish curtains greeted us. I'm not sure why all the tour busses in Korea are seemingly decorated by the same person.


It wasn't long before we were off to our first stop on our itinerary: Samyang Ranch and Wind Plant. Apparently a decent number of Korean dramas and movies have been filmed here. We did not have ideal weather for seeing the views on the ranch (windy, cold, wet) but I did get to snap a couple of pictures in our very brief time there (maybe 10 minutes max at the view point).






After getting cold and wet we hopped back into the humid bus to go lunch.






With full stomachs we were off to Ojukheon and Gyeongopdae Pavilion. Unfortunately my pictures and memory have a hard time remembering which is which but here are some pictures of both (?) stops. Again, it was damp and windy. 











The hotel for the night was a brand new building of hotel suites at the DEL PINO resort. We had the option of using the water park/pool facilities or just enjoying the hotel amenities. A friend and I retired to the billiard room for a bit and stopped by the convenience store for ice cream. We later found the arcade and played a few games before having to return to our building for dinner.


Our tasty dinner at our fancy resort accommodations, romanized it is called "Bulgogi Jeongol". It is basically beef in a broth with a bunch of different vegetables. I enjoyed it!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment