Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Korean Summer 2013: Day 0

My summer in Korea started with nothing other than a very long flight. The cheapest ticket I could find (without going through China) was one on Air Canada via Toronto. I got up mega early to make sure I was ready for my shuttle to the airport and to finish any last minute packing. I ended up getting to the airport before the gate agents started checking people in. After about 20 minutes of waiting I got my bag checked and grabbed a bite to eat. The small propeller plane to Toronto wasn't full so I got two seats to myself. I took an interesting video of the propellers. It looks like the propellers are actually moving very slowly but I'm guessing it has to deal with the frame rate of the camera. See that video below:



The next leg of my journey took me to Toronto for a short layover. The terminal I was in was very high tech. The larger restaurants had iPads for ordering your food and also had plenty of outlets to charge your device.


The flight experience was a little different than I expected. I ended having coffee spilled on me and then almost had hot food trays dumped on me. The coffee incident would have not been a big deal but the flight attendant was making it out as some sort of joke (at least that's what I thought). I don't even remember her saying sorry. Then later during one of the meal services, one of the carts got rammed right into my row, spilling about 3 hot food trays into the aisle. Another thing that irked me during the flight was that for one of the snacks, we were given instant noodles. This was fine. What wasn't so fine was that the flight attendant was automatically giving all the Asians on the flight chopsticks and didn't even ask them if they wanted a western utensil set. I watched him for 4 or 5 rows worth of people...maybe he asked later during the meal service (I doubt it though).

I got to Incheon airport safely where my friend picked me up. We then headed to dinner after I checked into my guesthouse.





More to come later! Stay tuned!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment