Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Korean Life #36: Courtyard Seoul Times Square

First, happy new year! The video below has been on my YouTube channel for some time but I also wanted to write a short blog post regarding my visit to the Courtyard Seoul Times Square by Marriott. I visited this property about 1.5 months ago and really enjoyed the experience.

Finding the hotel can be a bit confusing as it is part of a large complex that includes a shopping mall. The actual main lobby is not at street level but rather a few floors up. But once you arrive you are greeted with a very open and bright lobby with a few of the restaurant (MoMo Cafe) just beyond the front desk. The restaurant also carries the open/bright theme with large windows and high ceilings.

The room I had was a king bed room with access to the executive lounge level. I was upgraded to the executive lounge level due to my Marriott Rewards standing but unfortunately I will lose this status for 2016. The unique feature about the room is the glass bathroom (but don't worry there are privacy shades). As for the bed, it is quite large and comfortable and the room appointments are great. The bathroom features a shower with no bathtub but there is a small seat in the shower area. The minibar is well stocked and if you happen to forget your toothbrush a free one is offered besides the nicer one in the minibar. The video below shows the room and its features.

The executive lounge was also enjoyable. The lounge has windows running along the whole length of the space and if the weather is nice, a patio area is also accessible. The food and beverage selection is decent, offering both hot and cold food as well as alcohol during certain times. The actual lounge space I will describe as intimate. It is not overly large or small, just right in my opinion. When I was there it seemed there were a sprinkling of business travelers as well as general vacationers.

In the morning, I enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant which was included in my room rate. The breakfast buffet has a wide variety of western and eastern cuisine as well as an egg station. There are plenty of different breads, fruits, and salads available as well as soup, dumplings, and breakfast meats. Coffee was brought to the table and juices are near the bar. Milk, tea, and water are also available.

Overall, I really enjoyed the property. I wish American Courtyard hotels were like their international siblings but then again, Marriott has so many brands now I wonder how they will differentiate them all going forward. I'm thinking some hotel brands will be merged into others to better focus the overall Marriott/Starwood mega-brand.

*I am NOT sponsored, rewarded, or otherwise compensated for my hotel visits, reviews, videos, or other content*

Here is the link to the hotel website: Courtyard Seoul Times Square

I plan to post a blog update regarding my time in the USA over the holiday soon so stay tuned for that. Until next time, stay warm!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment