Friday, August 9, 2013

My Korean Summer 2013: Day 31 - Last day of class

How sad, the last day in the Sogang Korean Immersion Program. The schedule for the day consisted of a written exam and an interview assessment. The exam was quite brief actually, I'm guessing this was done to make for easy and quick grading by the teachers. In fact, our teacher had all of ours graded by the next morning. We had reviewed and practiced heavily before the written test so I wasn't actually too nervous about taking it. I was more nervous about forgetting a key vocabulary word or verb conjugation. For me, the only thing that got me points off was spelling...

The interview was another story. I was extremely nervous about this part. We were told our normal teachers were not going to interview us (which was kind of expected). They said that we would probably feel a little too comfortable and it wouldn't seem like a real assessment (something to that tune as they explained it in Korean). Fair enough.

I had practiced a lot with my classmates and the upper level students before hand. I also had a fairly large break between the written exam and when the interview was. Regardless of how many times I went over the interview questions, I still felt I might completely choke during the actual assessment. My classmates and I joked that we should make some funny comments or answer in humorous ways. But, honestly, I was too nervous when I stepped into the interview room to try any of those antics.

The final interview went very similarly to the placement interview...except I spoke a lot more Korean during the final, which felt really good. I had never seen my interview teacher before so, the feeling I got was very similar to the initial placement interview.

I sat down and the teacher asked me what my name was and then we jumped right into the questions. After about 12-13 minutes I guess I had talked enough. The next student was ushered in and I was DONE!

It kind of felt surreal after being in language class for a month now at 4 hours a day...

I've been told our actual letter grades would be sent in the mail.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment