Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Korean Summer 2013: Day 29 - IKAA Closing Ceremony and Brunch

[IKAA Closing Ceremony & Brunch]
You could say this was the final final event of the IKAA (save for the after party/concert) Gathering 2013. At the Lotte Hotel a buffet-style brunch was served (Korean food) along with some closing remarks from the IKAA leadership. As I am one of the representatives for an IKAA member organization, I said a few words thanking all those parties involved with the planning and execution. I hope to see another gathering in the year 2016 in Korea. I think it still boggles people's mind when they see a bunch of Korean people speaking a ton of different languages...sometimes even I am surprised :)


The winner of the scavenger hunt that took place during the week was also announced. It was done amazing race style where the team's time and tasks counted towards the criteria for winning. The winning team completed the most tasks within the time given.


I later had some meetings with the IKAA leadership up on a high floor of the Lotte Hotel. To me, we looked like a "real" board of directors all sitting around a huge table with our iPads/Laptops and such. We looked professional/official to say the least ^^
I believe it is great that so many organizations across the globe can come together and collaborate as we did for this Gathering. Some of our organizations are having some very big anniversaries this coming year as well!

Below are some photos of the view from the conference room (built-in miniature mode was used for the color photos):




~

1 comment:

  1. Great blog; thanks so much for writing it all up and posting pictures and videos too. I look forward to hearing more about it on Meetup, and, of course, hearing your fluent Korean! :-)

    ReplyDelete