Monday, March 28, 2011

France Ski Trip Day 8: Down With the Sickness

I was truly sick so I took the day off from skiing.  The fever was still lingering and I just felt bad in general.  Jason and Robo got a late start that day and headed out around 10:30am.  The longer I just stayed in bed, the more horrible I felt so I decided to get the blood flowing and be somewhat productive.  I started to clean our small condo and found the provided vacuum was not of the highest quality.  The tube going from the motor unit to the actual head kept popping out.  It sounded like it barely had enough power to generate suction to begin with.  After a couple of passes I moved on to straightening things up and packing my own things.

Later, I made a grocery run and lounged around until Jason and Robo got back from the slopes.  They returned around 2:30pm and we proceeded to just burn time and relax until the early evening hours.  Upon returning our skis we found the bill to be 70 Euro for the 4 days we had them (they didn't charge us for our break day!).  This was quite reasonable in my book considering the normal rate for my skis was supposed to be 20+ Euro.

The lounging mentality continued into the night until we decided to eat.  This evening was a big egg scramble with rice.  After eating we continued to clean and pack.  Star Trek (the new one) was the film for the night.  Overall, the place cleaned up nicely, we didn't actually mess it up too badly.  The biggest aspect was repacking all of our clothes and gear.  Both Robo and Jason had pretty much unpacked all their stuff while I almost never do that.  I am always afraid I will lose something and with everything in my suitcase I always know where it is (most of the time).  

This post isn't all that long or interesting...mainly because the day itself was rather normal/dull.
The next couple of days are going to be the trek down the mountain and back to the USA.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment