Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My Korean Life #50: Wow 50 posts in this series!

Wow 50 posts in this series!

Flag in The War Memorial of Korea
Wow! I have reached 50 posts in the "My Korean Life" series! I have lived in Korea for almost 2 years now and life is quite different from when I first moved here.

When I first moved here, I was lucky enough to live in quite a large officetel with a loft and separate bedroom. I now live in a one-room studio apartment with a small storage area but no separate bedroom. My current apartment is maybe the size of my former living room.

I am no longer in language school. I finished Sogang University's curriculum in August 2015! I now study independently and use a variety of TOPIK test preparation materials.

In addition to the above, below are some things I have been working on lately. What are you working on in your life? I invite you to follow me on social media (links below) and to stay tuned for even more posts in the "My Korean Life" series!

Employment:
-Currently supporting myself on two part-time jobs both of which are great!
-Expanding my skill set via both part-time jobs (content marketing, copywriting, education, etc)

Cooking:
-Increased frequency of cooking at home
-Thanks to the stir-fry cheatsheet by Cook Smarts I can make a variety of dishes easily
-Experimenting with other dishes and recipes
-Wanting to experiment cooking other things than just rice in my rice cooker

Language:
-Continuing to study for the TOPIK exam
-Contemplating learning some more Japanese (I only know a few basic phrases and words)

Social Media:
-Blog improved to include embedded widgets as well as better content
-Joined Instagram to quickly showcase my life in Korea as well as material related to my blog
-Enhancing YouTube Channel with appropriate playlists, tagging, and video descriptions
-Figuring out the best way to utilize Twitter

Follow me on social media here:


Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment