Tuesday, February 16, 2016

My Korean Life #46: Delicious Stir-Frying!


Delicious Stir-Frying


I've been using this guide by Cook Smarts to make tasty stir-fries lately. Here is a link to a full infographic on imgur. With only a few basic ingredients and your choice of protein and vegetables, you can create delicious meals quite quickly. I also now know the secret to making sauces shiny and sticky like you might see in American Chinese food restaurants - corn/potato starch! Here I have my basic sauce/seasoning ingredients, which you can modify to your liking but I've had good results with the items pictured here. Other things to add would be citrus like lemon/lime/orange juice as well as maybe green onion, shallots, chili flakes, whatever you like!

From Left to Right: salt, pepper, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, potato starch, garlic, ginger
One of my latest attempts was the orange ginger sauce recipe with vegetables and tuna. I snapped some pictures and have posted those down below.

Orange ginger sauce
Vegetables prepped - use what you like!
Vegetables cooking
Sauce and tuna added to the vegetable medley
Mixed and heated through
Ready to eat!
I often have leftovers if I only am cooking for myself so, many times I can get two meals out of cooking once. I haven't done the calculations but I'm sure I am saving some money even if it takes a little time to prepare and cook my meals. The next time I shop I will record the prices and update this post with approximate costs (but it will vary for you depending on ingredients and availability). For example, I have a vegetable stand near my house where I got like 7-8 onions for only 3000KRW and a bag of about the same number of carrots for 1000KRW.

No comments:

Post a Comment