Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My Korean Life #44: 새해 복 많이 받으세요


새해 복 많이 받으세요

Happy Lunar New Year! I spent the lunar new year at KoRoot, a guest house and non-profit organization that helps Korean adoptees. There were about 30 people that showed up for their new year's day meal. Below are a few pictures I took, information regarding their Facebook Page, and an embedded Daum Map. They also have a few groups on Facebook that are written in English. While I have never spent the night at the guesthouse, I have attended many of their events since moving to Korea.

Traditionally, rice cake soup (떡국) is eaten on new year's day. In addition to all the delicious food prepared, this traditional soup was also served. The broth had great flavor and the rice cake was nice and tender. 

I enjoy these adoptee events because it gives an easy opportunity for everyone to meet and perhaps catch up with friends you have not seen in a while. Also, a lot of times you can meet new adoptees or other members of the community.

Again, I hope everyone has a pleasant lunar new year holiday.




떡국 (Rice cake Soup)

No comments:

Post a Comment