Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Korean Life #30: Next steps

I am currently on my week long summer break from language school. When we start back up we'll have approximately two weeks remaining in the term and only about 2 chapters plus review to cover in class. Whenever I think of language school ending, I honestly get a little scared. The cycle of language school has been my life for over a year now and frankly I will miss it. Maybe not because of the difficulties I have faced but definitely for the friends I've made and the opportunities I've had because of it.

I am currently looking for more work and a more steady source of income to sustain me for at least the next year. If you have read my recent posts, I have moved and signed a year long lease on an apartment. Therefore, I see myself being in Korea for at least another year if not more depending on my work situation.

You may ask, if I don't end up finding more work will I go back to the USA earlier than planned. I honestly don't think I will. If I end up with a lot more time on my hands than expected, I'll probably devote a lot more time to working on blogging, posting YouTube videos, and doing independent study of Korean for the TOPIK or otherwise. I also want to get back into going to more language exchange meetings (for practice and for the networking opportunities).

I will also have a few friends moving to Korea later this summer so, if possible, I'd like to help them settle in. I know for me moving overseas had its share of stresses and were it not for the help of my friends in-country it would have been even more stressful.

I am excited and nervous what this coming year will bring. One thing I hope to do is travel more within and outside Korea.

Not much more to update you all on at this point, but if things come up I'll update the post later!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment