Monday, August 18, 2014

My Korean Life #13: SMTOWN Live World Tour IV in Seoul [AKA Longest Concert Name Ever]

A friend of a friend had a spare ticket to SMTOWN Live World Tour IV in Seoul [from here "SMTOWN"] and I was lucky enough to snag it before anyone else did. We were on the 3rd level of Seoul's World Cup Stadium and I was told these were the least expensive seats. I was also told that tickets were very hard to get due to the EXO fans. In relation to the EXO fans, it honestly felt like we went to an EXO concert and some other artists just happened to show up. Their fan base covered over half the third deck level alone with many others on the 2nd and 1st level.

Personally I'm biased towards Girls' Generation and most of the footage I took (which you can see in the video below) is of them. Sorry for the poor quality as I only had my iPhone on me and didn't know you could bring normal cameras into the venue. In fact, I didn't know people would be bringing in whole pizzas, beer, and boxes of fried chicken either...but this is Korea I suppose. I had to strip out the original audio as it would be flagged on YouTube.


If you see the different colored balloons and lights - those are for the specific fan clubs. EXO is white, Girls' Generation is pink, Super Junior is blue...etc. With the coordinated shaking of the lights and/or balloons came screaming and a lot of it. It was the loudest screaming I've heard in a long time...the chorus of thousands of Korean girls yelling at the top of their lungs every time their favorite group came on stage or one of them decided to take their shirt off.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment