Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My Korean Life #58: Everland!

Back in October, I went to Everland for the first time ever. Even though I've lived in Korea for 2.5 years and had traveled to Korea many times before that, I still had never been. Everland is a large theme/amusement park located outside of Seoul. Besides thrill rides and rollercoasters, there is a zoo, waterpark, and garden. Everland also has lodging and resort facilities near its theme park and waterpark. Getting to Everland can take over an hour from the heart of Seoul but transportation is fairly straightforward. The subway and buses run to the park and there are plenty of shuttles from their parking lots and the areas where public buses stop.

One of the highlights of the visit was seeing the panda exhibit. I have some video I still need to edit together but for now here are some pictures! It was kind of hard to get good pictures, there were a ton of people and the animals were kind of far away from the public.









There were many other animal exhibits as well, below are a few videos I took of penguins, flamingos, and bats.




I'm actually not that big a fan of roller coasters and such but I did ride a couple rides here and there. Since it was autumn when I visited the water park was closed so I didn't get to experience that part of the park. Most of the time was spent in the zoo section of the park and the garden area.













One thing to note is that the park gets very dark at night. The signage is not all that clear on how to actually navigate your way back to the main entrance once inside the park. Many people, including myself, had to ask staff members how to leave the park. 

Also, the park has a lot of elevation change. The main entrance is seemingly above much of the zoo and garden area. Be prepared to walk up and down some decent inclines and/or stairs.

Some of the rides/exhibits weren't open when we were there for some reason or another but I'd say most of the park was open and there were plenty of visitors. Some of the most popular rides had long lines but otherwise the waits were reasonable. 

Personally, I think the park is trying to be too many things while trying to appeal to everyone at the same time which...I'm not sure is works very well. Then again, it is a place you can take the whole family to, even your children span a large age range. Regardless, there seems to be something for everyone at Everland.

Here is a map for reference, it is located a bit outside of Seoul so plan accordingly if you are going to make a visit:

지도를 클릭하시면 위치정보를 확인하실 수 있습니다.

No comments:

Post a Comment