Monday, March 23, 2015

Winter Vacation Trip: Singapore Botanic Gardens

So I decided to visit the Singapore Botanic Gardens as my first touristy stop. The main gardens are free and open almost all day (5am - Midnight) but there are a variety of paid access gardens that are featured on the same grounds. I personally felt the free gardens provided plenty to walk around for an afternoon so I didn't go into the paid areas. Overall, I probably spent over 3 hours walking around but if you also wanted to visit the paid areas, you could easily spend a half-day there. Singapore is hot year round so I brought water with me and made sure to take a break every now and then. There were sitting areas/rest areas located around the main walking paths so I took full advantage of those. On site they do have some dining and souvenir shopping available so if you don't happen to bring your own water or snacks (or even want to have a meal there) it's possible.

I'm personally not that into nature and such but I did enjoy walking around the gardens. The weather itself was a stark contrast to what I was experiencing where I currently live. Then, Korea was super cold and gloomy but Singapore was bright, sunny, and hot most of the time I was there. Even though I probably sweated through my shirt at the gardens I was glad just to feel warm for once outside for the first time in a long time.

In terms of photos I thought I took a ton but per the usual when I reviewed them all it didn't actually seem like that many. I will post a few below for your viewing pleasure:












Singapore Botanic Gardens Information
Website: https://www.sbg.org.sg/
Hours: Singapore Botanic Gardens - 5am to 12 midnight daily. Specialty garden hours vary.
Admission: FREE for the Singapore Botanic Gardens. Specialty garden admission varies.
Getting there: Botanic Gardens MRT Station. Otherwise there are multiple gates with various buses providing access.
What to bring/wear: Good walking shoes, a camera/camcorder if you want to take pictures, sunscreen and sunglasses are a good idea. Water/fluids since it can take hours to walk the whole park.
Maps: https://www.sbg.org.sg/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=18&Itemid=33

No comments:

Post a Comment