Sunday, June 22, 2014

My Korean Life #6: 5 weeks in...

I am 5 weeks into my new life here in Korea and have been really enjoying it. I am now fully into my language studies at Sogang University and hopefully it won't become too overwhelming. I bought a set of flash cards to help review vocabulary since the list seems to be never ending. We are a little over halfway through the first part of level 2. 

Besides school I've been going to a variety of events to meet new folks. Namely adoptee related events and the TTMIK/SeoulTube meet-up!

Yesterday (June 21, 2014) I went to the Talk to Me In Korean/SeoulTube meet-up at Han River Park in Seoul (http://www.talktomeinkorean.com)! I went with a friend from my time at Sogang University last summer. It was cool seeing all these YouTubers in real life. There were quite a few foreigners there but also a sprinkling of local Koreans. You can see the short video I took below. Many Korea-based YouTubers can be seen:


After the meet-up I went to the reception for ASK's 10 Year anniversary (Adoptee Solidarity in Korea) http://www.adopteesolidarity.org. It was hosted at The BEASTRO restaurant right across form the Hongdae Children's Park. The food was absolutely delicious and I got to meet even more folks from the adoptee community.

This coming week has almost become fully booked up for me as many other friends from overseas are visiting Korea during the summer. I am excited to meet them all and to continue to have fun (and study ^.^) in Korea.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment